Hot starting problem on YZ 426 after exhaust cam mod

No replies to this topic
  • kubamtx

Posted September 07, 2011 - 12:28 PM

I have my 01' 426 since 4 years and what I can say- the bike is buletproof and great for enduro mixed with MX.
I used to manual decomp but in this season I've changed exhaust cam into 450 cam with auto decomp.
Generally I'm very happy of this mod but last time when I went to do some extreme enduro in mud I found the bike starting hard in strange situation.
When bike is cold or hot (just after staling or after short 2-3 minutes break ) there is no problem to start it- 1st kick usually but after hard ride when we stop for longer break (10minutes) the bike is hard to start. It will not start without hot choke but it will also not start with hot choke. I have to use hot choke- do one kick -bike will make the sound ,and then it will start without hot choke from first kick.

Could you advise me what to check?
Bike is in perfect condition- valves checked each 10hours, piston is o.k- changed in last season. Rod also is new, timming O.K.

Maybe I'm riding to rich a little?

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.