YZF Parts in the Orlando area

8 replies to this topic
  • yzfknut

Posted June 26, 2001 - 11:17 PM

Hello, my name is Knut and I am from Norway. I'm going to Orlando on my vacation, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can buy some parts for my thumper. I am looking for the Yamaha of troy 2001 complete sticker kit http://www.mxsouth.c...styamtry250.htm , and a fiew other goodies. Any help would be great. :)

• sirthumpalot

Posted June 27, 2001 - 01:35 AM

There is a Yamaha dealer on highway 50 (also called colonial)on the south side near a toll road (I believe it is the east-west expressway or greenway). It's a few miles from the university of central florida. Basically find either semiron blvd or alafaya trail (these are major roads running north-south, highway 50 runs east-west). From semiron go east on 50, from alafaya go west. It's on the south side of 50 inbetween these roads (they are a few miles apart). I don't know how much this dealer keeps in stock and I don't remember the dealers name so you may want to look them up before you travel. I'm sorry that I don't have better directions but I hope that this helps.

PS-> If you are going to be near disney, then I would find a different dealer. This is a long ride from disney (over an hour).

[This message has been edited by sirthumpalot (edited 06-27-2001).]

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted June 27, 2001 - 04:30 AM

As you can see from my User Name, I live in Orlando. I can tell you from experience that you'll have no better luck finding parts here than you would from mail order. If you are going to be in town for AT LEAST a week, then you might be able to order something from one of the 3 Yamaha dealers in Central Florida and pick them up before you leave. Sometimes, they can expedite the shipping and get them faster, but you'll pay a lot more for it.

Here's the list of Orlando-area Yamaha dealers:

Cycle Sports Center- 4001 John Young Parkway, Orlando, 407-299-9191 www.cyclesportscenter.com

Seminole Powersports- about 30 miles north of Orlando in Longwood- 3401 North Highway 17-92, 800-843-5118 www.seminolepowersports.com/

Orlando Yamaha- (sirthumpalot was talking about this place)- 9334 E. Colonial Drive, 407-273-3579 www.orlandoyamahakawasaki.com/

Are there any other Orlando-area riders on this list?

99 WR400F

[This message has been edited by Rich in Orlando (edited 06-27-2001).]

• yzfknut

Posted June 27, 2001 - 05:27 AM

Thank you guys, I'll e-mail the shops and ask them if they can order the parts for me. Thank you for your help. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted June 27, 2001 - 08:02 AM

Rich In Orlando,

Do you ever ride at Okeechobee (thundercross)?

• chill63

Posted June 27, 2001 - 05:34 PM

Hey Rich,

I live in Port St. John (just south of Titusville). I do mostly woods riding. I typically run the FTR Hare Scrambles, but I'll run an Enduro or MX as long as my schedule works out.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted June 30, 2001 - 06:56 PM

I raced a hare scramble once last year down near Sarasota and it damn near killed me. I can't wait to do it again. :) Actually, I'm not too excited about doing a hare scramble again, but I'm looking forward to seeing what riding an enduro is like when the season starts up again.

Most of my riding is in Ocala or Richloam. Everyone I ride with has dual-sported their bikes (including me) so that we can ride numbered and paved roads, if we have to, to get from one trail to another. 125 miles in a day is not unusual for us. If you guys want to join us some Sunday, let me know.

• sirthumpalot

Posted July 01, 2001 - 03:14 AM

That sounds like fun! Unfortunately I'm about 4 hours south of Ocala and my bike is stock so the local police probably would not treat me nicely if I was on public roads. :) That does sound like fun though being able to just ride on roads between trails!

Hare scrambles also sounds like fun. What are the requirements for one of those (spark arrestor, ..?).

• chill63

Posted July 02, 2001 - 03:55 PM

Was that the Arcadia HS. I did that one. It was a blast.

Was that a YZ you dual sported? If so, what did you do? And is it street legal in Florida? Mine is "enduro legal". :) But I'd like to be able to ride the numbered roads etc. without worry. I usually ride around the airport in Titusville, we occasionally have to cross a road to get from trail to trail, and the local law enforcement is fairly reasonable as long as you don't hot dog or do something stupid.

I did the last FTR enduro at Relay. It was my first, and It was well worth the effort. I plan on doing more next season.

As far as hare scrambles go, the FTR is considering adding a rule to require spark arrestors, but presently there is none. Otherwise, the requirements are basically the same as MX. However, I would highly recommend a good set of bark busters. Check out www.floridatrailriders.org for the schedule. I think you'll find hare scrambles are definately fun.

[This message has been edited by chill63 (edited 07-02-2001).]

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.