Removing spark arrestor from Yoshimura RS-4

1 reply to this topic
  • jcm3

Posted September 06, 2011 - 06:52 PM

I just removed the spark arrestor from my Yosh exhaust for my '11 450. When the spark arrestor was in there, it was a nice, smooth path through the silencer. When the spark arrestor is removed, there's a 'lip' at the end where the end cap goes back in. The spark arrestor is pressed onto that sleeve, so you can't put the sleeve back in to smooth out the flow.

Maybe it doesn't matter, just seemed odd.

Are you putting the end cap thing back on after you remove the spark arrestor, or just leaving it off?

Edit: It looks like, according to the doc, it is called a spark arrestor ring, so I assume it should be left off when the spark arrestor is removed. :) But, it seems like it would look odd, almost unfinished, without the ring.

Here's a pic of what I mean: (page 6 - http://www.yoshimura...pdf/2257714.pdf) I know the link is for a Honda unit, but the spark arrestor assembly is the same.

Edited by jcm3, September 06, 2011 - 07:19 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • todds924

Posted September 06, 2011 - 08:07 PM

Run it without....or get the 96 db insert for it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.