03 wr 450 Starting problem

5 replies to this topic
  • ecs750

Posted September 06, 2011 - 05:57 AM

Just picked up an 03 WR450 and it wont start. Charged up the battery and all it does is click (little black box under seat). Starter does not engage at all. Are these famous for that or is this gonna take some research and dismantling. Got bike cheap so not too worried. Kicks over fine but hasnt been going in a while. (lots of compression)

• Sknight

Posted September 06, 2011 - 06:50 AM

Simple enough, take your battery and have it tested. Mine did the same thing as yours and a new battery fixed it right up. Make sure your cables are still in good shape while you're at it.

• bg10459

Posted September 06, 2011 - 04:26 PM

If you know the battery is OK, it's probably the starter motor. They are very well polished turds...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • strtdsmallproject

Posted September 06, 2011 - 05:20 PM

They are very well polished turds...

:) truth!:)

I went through battery, brushes, relay, ........ kicking it for a year, and then 300 bucks

• pairodice

Posted September 06, 2011 - 07:10 PM

if u r interested i have a new yamaha starter for an 03 w/ maybe 5hrs on it pd like 350 at the stealership 6mos ago. I removed the estart so if there any parts u need i probly have them:thumbsup:

• ecs750

Posted September 07, 2011 - 04:14 PM

Battery OK, most likely starter...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.