HI from newbe & quick ? about my new YZF 426cc.

2 replies to this topic
  • YZFkirk

Posted September 05, 2011 - 04:29 PM

Hi Guys,
I'm an Aussie living in rural NSW Australia & have been a rider ever since I can remember, am looking foward to getting to know you guys & hear about your bikes etc. I'm a keen rider who will have a go on & at just about anything.
I have jusy bought a YZF 426cc 2002 Model dirt bike:banana::) to use as general farm bike & toy & I was wondering if it's possible to get them fitted with an electric start at all? Also wondering if others have found the compression chamber starter fiddley & hard to use at times?
Thanks guys.:)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sid_125_04

Posted September 05, 2011 - 05:31 PM

top of the yamaha page will tell u everything u need to know : "start here common mods, FAQs......" I think thats a big negative on the electric start....for the 426............

• DeeCee

Posted September 05, 2011 - 10:12 PM

If you want an electric start you need to get the WR not the YZ.

There is a common mod to fit an 2003 YZ450 exhaust camshaft which in has an automatic decompression system. Hot Cams also have cams which have the same system.

The two most practical mods for the YZ I have found are the auto decompression cam and a sidestand. Trailetch make side stands at a reasonable price.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.