jd needle vs. OBELN

3 replies to this topic
  • bajaoutlaw

Posted September 05, 2011 - 09:05 AM

I have a 2002 wr 426 that is uncorked with most free mods that I ride in Michigan. I tried the jd needles at various clip positions but never felt right. I have a oblen in it now, love the low to mid, but mid to top the jd was faster. Just wondering if i can get more mid to top using the obeln needle by making other adjustments. I also think the obeln was a option from a 2003 yz 250, is this needle ok to run in this bike? I found it in some older posts. My current setting is OBELN #3, 168mj, all esle stock, fs about 1 3/4 out. Also thinking about a fmf pipe, anyone have any luck with them? thanks for any info.

• Chas_M

Posted September 05, 2011 - 05:33 PM

I ran the ELN needle in my KTM 520 with excellent results, but I was using a much leaner 160 main jet with the needle at #2 from the top.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bajaoutlaw

Posted September 06, 2011 - 03:56 AM

thanks, did you change your pilot jet at as well with that needle? and did you have a stock exhaust?

• Chas_M

Posted September 06, 2011 - 05:35 AM

I didn't change the pilot jet and I ran the stock exhaust, however the stock KTM exhaust is relatively free breathing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.