destroyed my hot start lever

4 replies to this topic
  • Charles De Mar

Posted September 03, 2011 - 07:27 PM

Has anyone converted to a thumb operated one like the GYTR model? I have looked at Sunline, Dr. D, works connection, and factory effex. I am just looking for some pros and cons. Thanks for any input

• foxomatica

Posted September 03, 2011 - 11:13 PM

This may not be an appreciated response to your thread but my hot start lever seised about a year after I got the bike (2005) and I disconnected it. Never needed it. Bike is jetted well and always starts, hot or cold. Do you use the hot start?

Fox

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gsa102

Posted September 04, 2011 - 05:02 AM

Mine starts much easier with the hot start, especially in gear. I use the stock lever, cheap enough you could keep a spare.

• Charles De Mar

Posted September 04, 2011 - 10:04 AM

Yes I use my hot start lever. Again does anyone use a thumb operated one?

• bg10459

Posted September 05, 2011 - 06:35 PM

I've tried a DRD on the right, but I much prefer the GYTR on the left. It pushes forward rather than sideways like every other hot start I've seen, and it leaves your right thumb free to hit the button.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.