Kickstand on a YZ?

9 replies to this topic
  • eBayThumper

Posted June 25, 2001 - 02:31 PM

Hey All,
I know this may irritate some but I'm thinking of adding a kickstand and wanted some suggestions/advice. Cost,brand,experiences...obviously weight is a factor but for the convenience when you're out on the trail and want to stop and smell the roses you didn't just roost. (no I'm not a nature hater, I stay mainly on the trails) :-)

• MikeOK

Posted June 25, 2001 - 03:11 PM

ebay- look back over the last few months of posts and you'll see lots of posts on this subject. I think I remember even seeing a picture of one on a post somebady had up...

• Shawn

Posted June 25, 2001 - 04:36 PM

ebay check your email.

99YZ400F (him)
00TTR125 (her)

• 400e4Me

Posted June 25, 2001 - 06:58 PM

Yo J_Dog
The kickstand may come in handy when you need to help your DR-Z pal pick up his bike on the side of a muddy hill.
Don't wanna strain anything.

..2 Crashed First Ride ..
.. '01 Zuki-e

• dhowell

Posted June 26, 2001 - 01:30 AM

I know Baja sells them for about $100, but I have seen on in the Chaparal (sp) book for about $50. Not sure the difference in quality and weight. Someone had posted a message about a Ti kickstand on the WR side.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RacerX

Posted June 26, 2001 - 05:31 AM

I have the stand shown in Shawn's post and it works great. I highly recommend this kind of stand over the swingarm mounted stands. I can start my bike standing on the pegs with the kickstand down. It's very solid and bolts right on, no mods required.

• eBayThumper

Posted June 26, 2001 - 06:00 AM

Shawn and RacerX,

Where can I get me one of these? It looks great, just what I wanted...I never liked the idea of the swingarm mounted design.

• Shawn

Posted June 26, 2001 - 02:46 PM

You can order a WR stand from the dealer or on line thru.

You will have to make the alum plate yourself or order one already made up from 2-Dad's (do a search to get his #) for around $150 is what I think he was saying. This is a great set up. Just like a WR. The plate is nessary due to the attach point not being on the YZ.

• RacerX

Posted June 26, 2001 - 07:36 PM

Bought mine used from a fellow Thumpertalker. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but 2 Dad's can probably get you one...

• eBayThumper

Posted June 27, 2001 - 06:26 AM

Thanks Shawn and racerx,

I did get the email and will look into it. My wife is having a coniption about all the mods I 'Need.' I am obsessed and I love this bike! I get my new 13 tooth front sprocket and o-ring chain today...then the kickstand...then we'll see...may be good for a while but there is always something :)

Thanks again!

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.