Looking for a street/dirt machine

2 replies to this topic
  • pitlover

Posted September 02, 2011 - 04:21 PM

Hello so at the moment I have a 2001 rm125. I am 16. 6'2" and little over 210 lbs. I am looking for a bike that I can ride onroad to school and back, and on day ride with my friends up in the hills.

I want a bike that is reliable and will not break down on me when I am out on the road or dirt.

The only bike really in my price range is the yz400/426 or wr. I have found a couple for sale locally and want your opinion on them.

http://modesto.craig...2577631875.html

http://sacramento.cr...2576096430.html

The first says it has a tapping. Can this really be fixed by a valve adjustment?

Also what are your guy's opinion on how good it will be for street riding?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yamiryder

Posted September 02, 2011 - 04:41 PM

obviously, a dual sport/supermoto will never be as good as a dedicated road bike. Those bikes don't seem too bad, but be aware,used bikes have an unknown history.

• pitlover

Posted September 02, 2011 - 04:45 PM

I know But I can not afford to ride/maintain two bike. I will be using the bike as weekend road/dirt rides. I probabaly will not ride it to school.

Im not looking for anyhting to compete with a street bike ebcause all my friends have enduro's or supermotos. I need something that will be sufficient to ride.

I really like the look of the first one.

Is the tapping really a big issues and can a simple valve adjustment fix it?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.