09 yz450f chain guide replacement

9 replies to this topic
  • richardnoggin

Posted August 31, 2011 - 09:11 PM

Yesterday was hitting my desert loops when i hit a bf rock,the BFR broke my chain guide and put it in my spokes and bent the piss out of my sprocket(thank god i was only a couple miles from my jeep).I asked my dealer if they could get me a replacement(i need the parts that are welded on to the swingarm) and he said they only sell the swingarm not the welded parts.My questions to you peeps is does anyone know who sells just the weld able parts for the chain guide?

• jlkfg

Posted September 01, 2011 - 05:01 PM

My buddy in Ogden did the same thing, ripped the welded tabs off the swingarm. He ended up going to a fab shop (Bad A$$ Choppers in Ogden). They fabbed some tabs, dry fit it with the chain/sprocket/guide in the right spot and then welded the new tabs on. That was 2 years ago, it is still working fine. It isn't perfect, but works. I would check with local fab shops, don't know what options there are in Price...
Noah

• kan3

Posted September 01, 2011 - 08:05 PM

Usually used swingarms can be had for $50-75 on ebay not sure about an 09 though if it's the first year for that part.

• frezno

Posted September 02, 2011 - 05:08 AM

imho chain guards are offered as aftermarket products as well (eg BRP ? )

• Bentbars

Posted September 02, 2011 - 05:30 AM

Another option for a rear guide is TM DESIGNSWORKS.
I have using them for years. They look better then the brp stuff.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kan3

Posted September 02, 2011 - 05:32 AM

He needs the welded tabs that the guide mounts too

• frezno

Posted September 02, 2011 - 05:49 AM

He needs the welded tabs that the guide mounts too

Kan, i know and that's what i was talking about, the complete guide, not just the wear block.

just took a look in the www and those complete guides where available from MOOSE, MSR, BBR, Two Brothers Racing...

http://motorcycle.mo...cle/Chain Guide
http://www.motorcycl...hain-Guide.aspx

• kan3

Posted September 02, 2011 - 08:53 AM

Kan, i know and that's what i was talking about, the complete guide, not just the wear block.

He ripped the welded tabs off the swingarm that the chain guide mounts to.

• jlkfg

Posted September 03, 2011 - 05:22 AM

might fit!
http://www.thumperta...part-out&cat=32

• richardnoggin

Posted September 03, 2011 - 06:03 AM

Another option for a rear guide is TM DESIGNSWORKS.
I have using them for years. They look better then the brp stuff.

I did buy this product and when i get my tab welded on i will mount it,tore into the bike more and found the sprocket side hub was broke and the rim is slightly bent so i bought a new one from rocky mountain atv(thank god i have been saving my cash rewards so i paid about 27$ for a complete rim and hub).i actually found this part out on the trail the other day and it might be salvaged and thanks for the help!:)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.