Will a wr450f 07-10 head light fit my -06?

10 replies to this topic
  • BadRobster

Posted August 31, 2011 - 01:42 PM

I have a wr450f -06 and I am thinking of switching to a new head light including plastic if it fits on my bike?

Also want a YZ rear fender with brake light. What year should I order the rear fender from? And what rear diod brake light should I order?

Regards Rob

• MANIAC998

Posted September 01, 2011 - 04:40 AM

Sure does! Lots of people have done it, including me. Makes the bike look much more modern. Do a search. Maniac

• jhmotard

Posted September 01, 2011 - 06:17 AM

03-05 yz fender fits the 06, i did it to mine and looks a helluva lot better!

• BadRobster

Posted September 01, 2011 - 06:30 AM

I have tried to search for head light switches and rear fender switches, but must do something wrong. Cant find any good threads to read.
Anyone the can assist me with posting proper links?
Much appreciated if so.

Regards Rob

• MaxPower

Posted September 01, 2011 - 09:23 AM

[COLOR="Green"]it does not fit right on to the stock brackets
I have got a new style to mount on my 04
I think the top mounts will work but the bottom mount at the front fender is different. Im thinking it will need the bracket from the new bike. If you find some solid info on this I would very much like to hear it myself

when mounting the yz fender you will have to alter it slightly near the airbox for it to fit
the WR fender is much thicker than the YZ fender.Putting alight it will make it bounce around. A rear brake light that has a longer mount would be better than a shorter one to strengthen the fender some. If you can picture what Im trying to say.
I couldnt believe how much (and heavier) a WR fender is than a YZ part

[/COLOR]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jhmotard

Posted September 01, 2011 - 10:17 AM

I have tried to search for head light switches and rear fender switches, but must do something wrong. Cant find any good threads to read.
Anyone the can assist me with posting proper links?
Much appreciated if so.

Regards Rob

the 03-05 yz fenders work, no matter the brand. you just have to trim a couple holes for the wr's subframe bracket that holds the coolant overflow...thats all you have to do. i think the yz fender i bought(acerbis?) was already indexed to show where it needed to be cut to fit on a wr.

good luck

• ArcticWR400

Posted September 02, 2011 - 10:29 PM

the 03-05 yz fenders work, no matter the brand. you just have to trim a couple holes for the wr's subframe bracket that holds the coolant overflow...thats all you have to do. i think the yz fender i bought(acerbis?) was already indexed to show where it needed to be cut to fit on a wr.

good luck

I know that polisport does the same with some of their plastics.

• zibbit u2

Posted September 02, 2011 - 11:44 PM

same as UFO, they have the cut lines to mark the locations you need to remove to get the fender to work. Here's what it looks like in white.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• BadRobster

Posted September 03, 2011 - 02:31 AM

Nice rs25! What brand as your rear fender incl light? Do you know where I can order it in blue?

Big thx all for your good answers! Will order, now I just need to find the best looking light to go with it. =)

//Rob

• zibbit u2

Posted September 03, 2011 - 09:51 PM

I ordered mine direct thru ufoplasticusa.com it's their enduro rear fender w/brake light, I gave them a call and it was shipped within a few days, I know they've got blue, black, and white. They were a really nice company to deal with direct.

• foggy3061

Posted September 05, 2011 - 10:07 PM

I have a wr450f -06 and I am thinking of switching to a new head light including plastic if it fits on my bike?

The 2007 onwards WR headlight can be fitted to older models, see here:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=938126

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.