Where to buy Voltage Regulator...

12 replies to this topic
  • jhmotard

Posted August 31, 2011 - 09:44 AM

....other than OEM: $105!!!!

I tried ebay and other online stores to no avail....HELP please!!!

• PBDBLUE

Posted August 31, 2011 - 12:10 PM

Try looking on ebay for a YFZ450 Regulator. Same regulator but you might have to splice the harness on it as it may be too short.

• L. Euler

Posted August 31, 2011 - 04:22 PM

Have you tried PowerPartsPlus.com? that is my source for all my OEM Yam parts.

• jhmotard

Posted September 01, 2011 - 04:33 AM

your sure of this??? i just searched ebay and found about 20 of them, i'm ready to order one!

• William1

Posted September 01, 2011 - 04:39 AM

Baja Designs

• jlow

Posted September 01, 2011 - 05:10 PM

If one from an 08 model will work, I'll send you mine, just pay for shipping. I got one from Baja designs when I went to a full DC setup.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted September 01, 2011 - 05:21 PM

your sure of this??? i just searched ebay and found about 20 of them, i'm ready to order one!

Yes. I have used them in the past. Same regulator.

• PBDBLUE

Posted September 01, 2011 - 05:22 PM

Baja Designs

BD reg won't work unless you mod the stator.

• William1

Posted September 02, 2011 - 02:49 AM

BD sells AC regs too.
As does Ricky Stator

• PBDBLUE

Posted September 02, 2011 - 06:13 AM

BD sells AC regs too.
As does Ricky Stator

The stock reg is a combo unit. AC regulator + DC rectifier\regulator in one housing.

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted September 02, 2011 - 03:40 PM

The stock reg is a combo unit. AC regulator + DC rectifier\regulator in one housing.

Still, both Baja Designs and Trailtech sell reg/recs that will work fine. I think they are around $45. The wiring may be a bit different, but no problem running the headlight on dc rather than ac and if you ever decide to upgrade your stator and run hid, you are halfway there.

• PBDBLUE

Posted September 02, 2011 - 04:05 PM

Still, both Baja Designs and Trailtech sell reg/recs that will work fine. I think they are around $45. The wiring may be a bit different, but no problem running the headlight on dc rather than ac and if you ever decide to upgrade your stator and run hid, you are halfway there.

With the stock stator you're going to have a problem. Stock stator is actually two coils. One feeds the DC reg and only charges the battery. It puts out about 25 watts. The other feeds the AC regulator and headlight. It puts out >65 watts. Both are grounded to the engine\chassis. The BD rectifier has it's output - lead grounded to the regulator case. If you mount the regulator in it's stock location the case will also be tied to the frame and the regulator will not work. The way around this problem is to either do the "float" mod to the stock stator or replace it with a Trailtech stator. The op was looking for the cheap simple solution. YFZ regs are all over ebay and are basically plug and play.

• jhmotard

Posted September 13, 2011 - 10:23 AM

SOLVED!!!

I bought a 2006 YFZ450(quad) Voltage Regulator and spliced the wires to fit my 06 WR450 and it worked!!!! No more eating headlight/tailight bulbs!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.