"hotstart" vs "decomp"

1 reply to this topic
  • ArcticWR400

Posted August 30, 2011 - 02:22 PM

Hey TT'ers...

Looking for a new clutch perch for my '99WR400 and I'm noticing that many are available with integrated hotstart... usually for no older a bike than an 01 YZ426. I want a clutch perch that integrates my decomp lever into the perch and frees up some much needed bar space for the dual sport blinker / hi / lo / kill switch that I plan on installing this winter. (I'm just getting a jump-start on the parts list now...)

My question is: Can the stubby extra lever that they claim is a "hotstart" be hooked up to my decomp lever? Or is it specific to the hostart option on MX bikes? (yes, I do know I have a hotstart knob on the side of the carb).

If not, does anyone know where I can GET one of the integrated perches with decomp lvr? I plan on getting Power-Lever stubbies in blue for both clutch and brake levers if I can... but I need at least the clutch perch to integrate the decomp and free up that bar space!

Any advice / products in use out there or seen by fellow riders would be welcome!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • G_H

Posted August 30, 2011 - 09:54 PM

I installed a carb from a WR450 with integrated hotstart (that is cable operated) and changed to a clutch perch from a WR450. To get rid of the decomp lever completely I got a set of hotcams.
It might cost a few bucks but it was well worth it I think.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.