Any ideas for Replacing a WR 450 engine?

2 replies to this topic
  • pwallnuts08

Posted August 30, 2011 - 08:06 AM

My 07 WR had an oil leak that caused some major transmission problems and I'm wondering if I could just pick up a different motor for less than the rebuild would cost. Cant find ANY WR's on ebay, plently of YFZ motors but no WR's. Any suggestions on where i can find one or another motor that would be just as good with electric start?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RSanders

Posted August 30, 2011 - 08:36 AM

I have good luck with craigslist and sometimes cycletrader. You'll find more parts bikes than just motors though.

Also, we have a couple motorcycle junk yards in MI that are gold mines. You might want to see if there are any within driving distance from your location.

• pwallnuts08

Posted August 30, 2011 - 08:54 AM

Yes i've been scouring CL every day but no luck. I'll try cycletrader. Thanks!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.