oil in the air box

4 replies to this topic
  • Anthony J

Posted August 29, 2011 - 03:27 PM

I have an 07 WR450 and I am getting oil in the air box. Is there anything that would cause this beside to much oil in the engine?

• tribalbc

Posted August 29, 2011 - 04:58 PM

Worn piston rings.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted August 29, 2011 - 05:00 PM

if there is a hose going from your cam over to your airbox you might went down or droped bike that will cuz oil in air box if there hose running from cam cover to air box

• hm450

Posted August 30, 2011 - 03:55 AM

too much oil and when you fall down, sometimes some oil moves to airbox

• Anthony J

Posted September 01, 2011 - 11:38 AM

It has been when i am working it preaty hard up hill that i have noticed it. havn't went down for a while it hurts to bad. I think I will try running it with the oil on the low end of the dip stick. I'll also check the rings. Thanks guys.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.