pilot screw **Help**

7 replies to this topic
  • dale

Posted September 11, 2003 - 01:24 PM

I took out the pilot screw on 01 wr426, I did not find the washer and o-ring shown in manual. I do not see it in the carb. Do these normally come out with the adjustment screw and the spring? I have a low speed lean condition, I think this may be the problem. Yamaha only sells the whole assembly for $24, can I get a washer and a o-ring somewhere else?

• dale

Posted September 11, 2003 - 01:56 PM

Well I pulled the pilot jet and it looks almost plugged, it's at 42 and the hole looks way smaller than a 38. I still want to know if I am missing an O-ring.

• Wicked_Crash

Posted September 11, 2003 - 02:39 PM

Double check to make sure that the o ring and washer aren't stuck in the pilot screw hole. Do you have the spring still?

• dale

Posted September 11, 2003 - 03:31 PM

I have the spring. I replaced the plugged P jet with a 45 and it runs much better. I didn't have the carb off, but using a mirror and a plastic bread tie I couldn't find a washer or O-ring in the carb. It doesn't leak fuel, and I spayed carb cleaner around screw at idle and it didn't make a difference I could tell. I think I am going to have to pull carb for a cleaning as previous owner left old gas in it, no doubt why the jet was plugged.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikeolichney

Posted September 12, 2003 - 12:56 PM

I also lost my oring and washer. If you find a place to get them cheap, let me know.

• mikeolichney

Posted September 12, 2003 - 02:29 PM

I got off my butt and went to carbparts.com (they carry slant CR parts). They list it under road parts but I would be amazed if the pilot screw is different from the dirt FCRs.

O-ring: 16075-KG8-9010-M1
washer: 0301-803-2000

This should be a big savings over the Yamaha dealer, who sells the pilot screw, spring, washer, and oring as an assembly for $36.

• dale

Posted September 12, 2003 - 03:58 PM

I order the parts today from sudco, they have a $10 min. so I got a bowl gasket to make it $15. The 40 PJ I put in already was getting plugged, every think else was good. With the 40 it was rich with a GYTR insert, good with no insert, so I put in a 38PJ and will wait for the O-ring.

• dmp437

Posted September 13, 2003 - 04:57 PM

Ditto on Sudco. I lost my washer & O-ring when changing to a ZipTy fuel screw, and they were the cheapest. I ordered extras in case it happens again.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.