hanging idlle wr 400 '99

2 replies to this topic
  • clodeb

Posted August 26, 2011 - 05:01 PM

Still have my hanging idle!! change the pilotjet for a 50 i try 2-3 turn back on mixture screw,i also check intake boot for crack and tight hose clamp.... still the idle don't come down easily. I have the airbox cover remove and i run a Yosh rs3 full exhaust. If i play with needle will it affect my idle!?

or should simply swap for a more recent yam carb ..like a wr or yz 450. It is not fun to ride the bike in tight section in the woods with that fast idle,

All the help you can give me is welcome

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DB_Cooper

Posted August 27, 2011 - 08:59 AM

"Idle" issues or other "throttle" problems are probably a sign the TPS on your carb is going bad.
Very common problems include, Erratic idle-"Sticky" throttle like a cable is hanging up or "stammering" over rough terrain.

You can unplug it and see if it helps.

• clodeb

Posted August 27, 2011 - 08:35 PM

What is really that tps thing doing..is it connected to the cdi unit... you see i am from the old school. Mikuni carb with no tps or acc.pump so! This bike is 12 years old so maybe the carb is worn out . Is there a way i can check with an ohm meter that tps thing.or symply the carb need to be change or overhauled!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.