Pilot screw/affect on starting or bog

3 replies to this topic
  • oldbones

Posted September 11, 2003 - 11:53 AM

If the bike seems to start rich (starts way better on hot start) and is developing off idle bog, would this be a good place to start? What effects will I experience when I adjust the pilot screw?

• holeshot426

Posted September 11, 2003 - 03:29 PM

Have you done the BK mod? I would check the squirt duration. I finally did mine and found it was off by more than 1 sec, which is a lot in those terms. Just my $.02

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tctrailrider

Posted September 11, 2003 - 04:43 PM

Think you should turn the fuel screw in 1/4 at a time until you get the best off idle response. Easy to do, easy to undo. If you get the best response with the fuel screw less than one turn out from fully seated, go to a smaller PJ.

• oldbones

Posted September 11, 2003 - 07:10 PM

Thanks for the input. I will try just that, AFTER my ride tomorrow! (Or maybe during lunch...)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.