98 yz 400 f suspension

i have a 98 yz 400 and wondering if there is anyone out there that makes a lowering link for my bike?? seams that the rear suspension sits a bit too tall...or is there a easy way to lower it a little.....it just sits a little too tall for me

• 2 weeks later...

i thought about this but the seat is thin as hel as is and not sure if i wann make it more uncomfortable with less padding thats why i was looking for a lowering link...

the suspension has been gone through and is kinda stiff and tall

if anything, by giving myself a wider part of the seat to sit on it has become more comfortable. All the padding you need is about an inch from the plastic.

it was quite thin at the apex and after i cut it changed to the width of the base of the seat. quite the nice change. keeps me forward while sitting as well.

why do you need to flat foot it? when i started riding big bikes i never was able to flat foot my bike. if you're moving then you shouldn't be needing to touch the ground.

Not too much sand up in MASS?

helps when your heading down to have room to plant a leg and kick yourself back up.

being able to put both feet on the ground is not a plus?

helps when your heading down to have room to plant a leg and kick yourself back up.

being able to put both feet on the ground is not a plus?

yes this is exactly the reason i was getting at...

and trying to start the bike is a little tough when you can only tippytoe it

my buddy's crf 450 sits lower than this thing..but mine has alot os suspension work and sits a bit tall9gonna soften that up a little also

actually, we have mx338. so yeah, we've got plenty of sand. everything is sand here. very deep sand. sand like you wouldn't believe here in good ole' assachusetts. the other option is rocks, but that's if you're only climbing mountains.

all the fastest guys i see are too short to flat foot it. nothing seems to be stopping them? hard to kick over? find a whoop or tilt the bike on its side. 5'7" is definitely not too short to warrant any modifications i assure you as i was doing just fine at age 13 and height of 5'6" on my 400f. although now i'm 6'1", flat footing it got easier, riding got a lot harder.

hey, i'll give you some of my height! that way you can flat foot the bike and i can feel nimble again! everyone wins!