Help?

1 reply to this topic
  • ill_caper

Posted September 11, 2003 - 06:14 AM

:) MY hot start mechanism on top of the carb came off. The spring and cylindrical peice fell out. There was nothing I could do. So I just screwed the plastic piece in and rode. The bike ran fine but I didnt know if this is bad to run it without the pieces. Is it going to make it run too lean? Any help would be great. Also, if anyone happens to have a picture of what the contraption should look like? DO I really even need it or can I leave it the way it is? It runs great right now. Im confused???? Thanks, D :D :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cnacc

Posted September 11, 2003 - 09:28 AM

I think the spring that fell out probably helps the mechanism (from out/on) back to its normal position (in/off). That's why your bike is still running fine. Your bike should run good until you need the hot start.I would fix it as soon as possible, it is suposed to be there and in working order.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.