light keep blowing on my wr400

2 replies to this topic
  • madmanuk

Posted September 11, 2003 - 02:34 AM

Hi, Is there anyway to stop my lights from blowing i am sick of getting new builbs for it.
Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Don400426

Posted September 11, 2003 - 02:59 AM

I think you may have a faulty regulator - or it could be just a corroded wire connector to the regulator.
I've abused my 400 for a couple of years - many 'offs' & hard knocks with no bulb failures, apart from tail lamp - I made an LED light unit for it which works well & has given no trouble at all. Headlamp bulb is still original one.
I wish the big end had lasted as long!
Hope this helps - Don.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted September 11, 2003 - 09:51 AM

I'd have to say its your voltage regulator also. I think its mounted right near the stearing stem. Its a silver box about 1" square. Check to see if it is properly grounded ie corrosion. If thats not the problem maybe the regulator is toast.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.