Choked up WR450

8 replies to this topic
  • OldCrash

Posted September 10, 2003 - 07:18 PM

with a little more detail how do you make these things get out of thier own way. I read about the mods but I haven,t read enough details :) to make all of them.

• oldbones

Posted September 10, 2003 - 08:06 PM

First thing to do: YZ throttlestop! Go to shop ask for this part (couple bucks), ask tech to show you where it goes. Swap it out! If you wanna modify yours, use "search" for throttle stop, and read on.

Next stop, Garrett Berg's website.

This will get you started.

• ogrebelle

Posted September 11, 2003 - 10:58 AM

On any year WR this stuff is worth its weight in gold. :)

• OldCrash

Posted September 12, 2003 - 05:46 PM

Thanks for the help. I also found a posting after looking through alot of them that made a reference to a web site, that had a good article on the WR450 mods complete with pictures. Very good article. The new throttle stop screw arrived today, so with new stop installed and the stock silencer removed (sounds like a real motorcycle now) what a difference. Now for some different tires to get it hooked up in the Michigan dirt(The front end washed out on me tonight OUCH!!). It,s not my KX500 yet but I think I will sneak up on the power so it doesn't hurt me like th 500 did.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beezer

Posted September 13, 2003 - 04:54 AM

Jet the thing and you'll really smile.

I think the JD kit is the way to go.

• geo199

Posted September 13, 2003 - 01:40 PM

oh i thought you drilled your stock jets out?! :)

• Kennoy

Posted January 04, 2014 - 07:19 PM

Ok, OOOOOOOLD post. Need pics and any info on throttle stop screw and accelerator pump mod.

• GuyGraham

Posted January 05, 2014 - 02:36 AM

Ok, OOOOOOOLD post. Need pics and any info on throttle stop screw and accelerator pump mod.

Plenty of info on here if you search, for these common questions

• RockerYZWR

Posted January 05, 2014 - 04:52 PM

Also, if you search Keihin FCR on YouTube there are a couple of really good videos that show you how to do this stuff.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.