Pics of my kickstarter mechanism messed up

5 replies to this topic
  • AliveInMyOde

Posted September 10, 2003 - 06:27 PM

i hope this link works if it doesn't maybe ya'll can help me out on posting links for imagestation.

http://www.imagestat.../?id=4289156891

i think u have to be a imagestation user

-Billy

• PumpkinHumper

Posted September 11, 2003 - 09:58 AM

What ya need to do is right click on the imagstation picture and go down to properties. You will see an address for the picture ending with jpg. Highlight that adress, right click, and copy it.

Then when you post hit image, post the address of the picture and you should be good to go.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here I posted a few for ya.

• YZ400Court

Posted September 13, 2003 - 03:13 PM

This happened to my 98. It was from a kick back when trying to start the beast.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AliveInMyOde

Posted September 13, 2003 - 04:20 PM

Oh ok cool i didn't know if i was the only one who had it or what but yeah there definately was a kickback. was urs in the same shape and how can u prevent the kickback from occuring again.

-Billy

• PumpkinHumper

Posted September 14, 2003 - 07:13 AM

Come to think about my buddy's 98 wr400 kicked back and killed his starter. Probably in the same manner as what you are showing.

• YZ400Court

Posted September 16, 2003 - 07:02 PM

Oh ok cool i didn't know if i was the only one who had it or what but yeah there definately was a kickback. was urs in the same shape and how can u prevent the kickback from occuring again.

-Billy

It happened to my bike before I bought it. It was during a desert race here in AZ. The racer crashed, tried to start the bike, had it kick back, finally started it and much to his horror the kicker didn't disengage. He did not know what the noise was, so he finished the 25 mile lap. It beat up the case aluminum pretty bad, but I cleaned it up, tried to smooth everything out in the cases, tapped the threads and put new bolt and plate back in with red locktight. No problems since, and that was in 99. As for stopping kickback?? :) I have never had it happen to me with this bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.