Plastics question

8 replies to this topic

Posted August 19, 2011 - 10:48 AM

I have a 2004 WR450F that I would really like to put black plastics on, but they only make black for the YZs. If I got the same year YZ plastic kit, will it fit on my bike? The headlight and taillight I can figure out later, so any info will help thanks :eek:

• bg10459

Posted August 19, 2011 - 05:11 PM

The shrouds and the seat have to match the tank. Everything else will bolt right up with little problem (airbox?). IMO, a YZ rear fender with aftermarket taillight is nicer. Aftermarket headlights are available, or dye/paint the stock light. :eek:

• miweber929

Posted August 19, 2011 - 06:15 PM

The side panels are different as the WR has a relief for tge coolant tank and the YZ has an extra cutout on the left side I think.

They sort of bolt up but are not a direct fit if you have the coolant tank.

• MANIAC998

Posted August 20, 2011 - 04:24 AM

It's easy enough to cut around the area of the coolant tank to help the YZ rear fender fit. I along with many others have done this. Maniac

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted August 20, 2011 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for the help guys, here is what i did... i went to and compared part numbers on all the plastics, the front fender, rear fender, and the panels will fit, but the radiator covers wont. So i went to an aftermarket sight and found black radiator covers by UFO, and a black head light and tail light. Soon my blue beast will be black with a blue gas tank haha, thanks guys. and ill post pics whenever i get them.

• MANIAC998

Posted August 20, 2011 - 07:39 PM

Won't you have to change your name?

Posted August 20, 2011 - 10:50 PM

That's what I was thinking haha, the gas tank will still be blue so I guess that would work haha

• MANIAC998

Posted August 21, 2011 - 04:41 AM

Then Black & Blue it is! Sort of like me after a ride/race!!!! Maniac

Posted August 21, 2011 - 11:07 AM

MY-BLACK AND BLUE-BEAST, long but catchy haha. I think it will look real good with the blue tank and blue stripe down the side of the seat. First I need a little more money haha.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.