California Registration 450f

7 replies to this topic
  • MikeYarbrough

Posted September 10, 2003 - 08:49 AM


Has anyone tried to bring an "out of state" WR 450f into California? The current registration doesn't indicated "off-road"...Can I sneak a plate on this thing?

  • The_Blue_One

Posted September 10, 2003 - 09:15 AM


unless it already has a plate or is a canadian model.I don't think so.They will still get you with the vin if it has a 3 or c in the 8th position.

Good luck :)

  • MikeYarbrough

Posted September 10, 2003 - 09:23 AM


Thanks for the info. If it has a 3 or C in the 8th that the "plate killer"?

  • GrahamO

Posted September 10, 2003 - 09:51 AM


3/C is the "Green Sticker Killer", leaving you with a red sticker. A red sticker is the "Plate Killer".

If it's "out of state" why don't you register it out of state and ride it in state?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ToSlow2Care

Posted September 10, 2003 - 09:54 AM


You need a mailing adress ou tof state to register you vehicle out of state.

  • BigBlueWR

Posted September 10, 2003 - 10:47 AM


Has anyone got a WR450 that came with a green sticker? When I checked on a new one it was a 3 or C in the 8th VIN #, so no dice....

  • Garry_on_a_426

Posted September 10, 2003 - 10:54 AM


My buddy did but the bike was a funny orange color and was made by KTM.

  • GrahamO

Posted September 10, 2003 - 11:50 AM


You can buy Canadian.


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.