2010 - cycra shrouds

13 replies to this topic
  • steve_97060

Posted August 18, 2011 - 04:29 PM

Trying to install the cycra one piece radiator shrouds on my 2010 but noticed they do not line up well with the intake tract, there is a gap of about a quarter inch that I just can't get to seal. Anyone else have this issue, and if so, what did you do?

thanks...

• geshields

Posted August 18, 2011 - 05:17 PM

I have the Cycra shrouds on my 2010 and it all lined up. Make sure the Cycra piece fits inside the OEM piece...

• steve_97060

Posted August 18, 2011 - 07:16 PM

no matter how i adjust them, there is a gap on the bottom part...

• wags450

Posted August 19, 2011 - 09:46 AM

I would email or call cycra and ask them maybe you have a blem.

I had a bad set of holes on my front fender for my 08 yz and they sent me a new one with a return label for the bad one.

• geshields

Posted August 19, 2011 - 12:05 PM

I just looked at mine from the inside and can possibly see what you are. With the seat up the rear part of the shroud to intake tract has a gap? Mine does also...maybe 1/4". Never worried about it...and no issues. I have the TwinAir airbox if that matters also...

• steve_97060

Posted August 19, 2011 - 12:42 PM

I just looked at mine from the inside and can possibly see what you are. With the seat up the rear part of the shroud to intake tract has a gap? Mine does also...maybe 1/4". Never worried about it...and no issues. I have the TwinAir airbox if that matters also...

Yeah, that is what I see also, I have the stock airbox and using the DT-1 filter cage/filter.. Not sure I should worry about it but it seems like there is the potential for water to splash up into the cage and on the air filter, not sure I am too worried about the extra air flow though..

just doesn't look right and you would think they would have made them to fit right by now if it was an issue..

I am going to line the stock ones back up today and see what they look like..

thanks for your help!

• steve_97060

Posted August 22, 2011 - 11:30 AM

After running the bike with the shrouds installed I can say I noticed a difference in performance, it seems stronger and pulls longer than with the stock shrouds..

I have always had doubts about the air flow with the stock setup, seems like the air filter stays remarkably clean. There is a huge difference in the condition of the air filters on mine and my sons 09 yz250f, we ride pretty much the same amount and his will be covered with dirt and mine will still look clean..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoxracer595

Posted August 22, 2011 - 02:23 PM

Does it make the bike feel slimmer?

• steve_97060

Posted August 22, 2011 - 03:09 PM

Does it make the bike feel slimmer?

yes, it makes it feel slimmer.

• rickallen124

Posted August 22, 2011 - 06:33 PM

Have you found any graphics that fit it? I think the only people that make graphics that fit it are n-style and you have to get the valli motosports or jgr graphics.

• motoxracer595

Posted August 22, 2011 - 07:07 PM

www.impulsegraphx.com/ makes them

• wags450

Posted August 22, 2011 - 07:58 PM

www.dirtdna.com make great graphics and have templates for the cycra products. Email dave or Damien they will help you out.

• steve_97060

Posted August 22, 2011 - 08:32 PM

Have you found any graphics that fit it? I think the only people that make graphics that fit it are n-style and you have to get the valli motosports or jgr graphics.

I got some from decal works set up for the cycra shrouds but they have an issue lining up with the small tank piece so they don't look right.

I am talking to them now about getting it corrected but they wanted me to send in the plastics. still waiting to hear back from them.

• magiksc

Posted September 01, 2011 - 08:12 AM

I'll get some in with my next shipment from them and make templates. I'm currently running UFO on my 2010 but would like to try the shrouds out. Can you guys post a pic of the gap you are referring to? Thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.