wr400 leaking breather hose

4 replies to this topic
  • brileyb

Posted August 18, 2011 - 01:04 PM

my wr400 leaks out of the breather hose after im done riding it and its on the stand. at first it was white and then it turned greyish black. its not just oil, its looks like sludge or something. checked the oil and it looked fine but im going to drain it tonight maybe to see if its milky or anything
Posted Image
Posted Image

• hende

Posted August 19, 2011 - 12:20 AM

I was told not to worry about it on my 400:banana:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GuyGraham

Posted August 19, 2011 - 04:11 AM

I've had similar on my 450 when riding it on the road
It comes from condensation due to the engine not getting hot enough to evaporate the condensation off
I don't get it when off road riding due to the lower speeds and hence less cooling air flowing over the radiators and hence the engine gets hotter to evaporate it off

Try riding your bike and getting it really hot, to see it stops doing this

• brileyb

Posted August 19, 2011 - 12:45 PM

my bike gets REALLY hot. sometimes too hot

• potman1980

Posted September 29, 2011 - 02:49 AM

mine is doing this as well. it only started after i had to do the water pump shaft and seals. i changed the oil and filter and put the recommended 1.6l of oil back in. the dipstick shows that the oil level is perfect but it still drips out of the breather, and don't seem to be stopping after a couple of weeks of riding. i use the bike on the road in super moto trim. would the different riding conditions have something to do with it?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.