mikuni carb

8 replies to this topic
  • clodeb

Posted August 18, 2011 - 11:04 AM

Has anybody tried Mikuni carb on these bikes Wr or yz 400-426

• clodeb

Posted August 18, 2011 - 11:16 AM

Has anybody tried Mikuni carb on these bikes Wr or yz 400-426

will a drz 400 carb work on my wr 400...i am desperate,i need a cure for my carb problem...think the accel pump has been remove or is not working and dont want spend $400-500 for new carb on that old iron:bonk:

• GuyGraham

Posted August 19, 2011 - 04:13 AM

You can check the acc pump is working by taking the carb off and hanging at the side of the bike, look down the throttle body and twist the throttle - you should see the petrol squirt out of the AP opening in the floor of the venturi

• clodeb

Posted August 19, 2011 - 05:20 AM

I think the accel pump has been cancelled.the hose that goes from the pump to the side of the carb is not there and the side of the carb has been plug ...so no acce pump. That is why it died when i wacked it open

Btw is the recovery thank really necessary and what will happen if i remove it

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted August 19, 2011 - 06:20 AM

There is no hose going to the accelerator pump.

You'll loose coolant if you remove it. Not critical but little to be gained from its removal.

• clodeb

Posted August 19, 2011 - 12:44 PM

Ok then how is the accell pump activated .. just by vacuum!!

• William1

Posted August 20, 2011 - 03:52 AM

The AP is moved by an arm connected via linkage to the throttle wheel.

• clodeb

Posted August 27, 2011 - 08:58 PM

it appear that the accel pump as been deactivated ...is it really necessery to have it or proper needle jet ajustement will be enough to produce smooth accelleration

• BajaFool

Posted August 28, 2011 - 10:31 AM

You can give this company a call or send an email, they rebuild Keihin Carbs http://www.pjmotorsp...e-services.html. They are located in Oregon. I have not used them, I just found them on the Internet. They accept international orders through Pay Pal.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.