YZF 450 2010 Are they any good

5 replies to this topic
  • crf250chris

Posted August 18, 2011 - 11:00 AM

Hi I am thinking of coming over to the blue side. Can you guy give me your comments on the 2010 450 suspension, maintenence, handling etc.
Pros cons so on so forth.
Many thanks :eek:

• BajaFool

Posted August 18, 2011 - 08:28 PM

crf250chris,
You are not off to a good start. The motorcycle you are referring to is a YZ450F, not a YZF450. Additionally, this is the WR400,426,450F forum. Going round and round on a motocross track makes you dizzy.

• THE-OG-694

Posted August 19, 2011 - 04:47 AM

crf250chris,
You are not off to a good start. The motorcycle you are referring to is a YZ450F, not a YZF450. Additionally, this is the WR400,426,450F forum. Going round and round on a motocross track makes you dizzy.

lol...only the slow peeps on the WR's get dizzy...:eek:

but to answer the honda riders question, they are great bikes...a few of my my buddys have jumped to blue from red after riding my 11..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted August 19, 2011 - 05:24 AM

I think the #1 most important aspect is "does the bike fit you"? The YZ450 is reliable, has great aftermarket parts and online knowledge, but if you and the bike's ergos aren't a fit I'd look elsewhere.

• Gunner354

Posted August 19, 2011 - 06:35 AM

Hi I am thinking of coming over to the blue side. Can you guy give me your comments on the 2010 450 suspension, maintenence, handling etc.
Pros cons so on so forth.
Many thanks :eek:

Pros- Reliability. This should be the most important factor when buying a dirtbike. No offense, but instead many people have been brainwashed by motorcycle magazines bias opinions. Repairing the motor is usually the most expensive and frustrating process. If the magazines factored reliability into the shootout, Honda would come in last every time.
You can make any dirtbike made to your liking with some usually easy changes. Engine map changes, spring rate changes etc.
Cons- May have to make small changes to get the right fit and feel.

• HRC

Posted August 19, 2011 - 10:05 PM

If the magazines factored reliability into the shootout, Honda would come in last every time.

What ?!!!

I've had 11 Honda's and never ever had any mechanical failures or other problems for that matter !

But ive seen many Suzuki and ktm's standing beside the tracks under my +20 years in the sport !

I remember one time I had a engine oilleak on my 2009 CRF450 that I didn't notice and rode it without oil almost a complete training session ! This happened early in the season and motor worked perfect the hole rest of the season...if had been a ktm it would probably failed directly !

As for the Yama YZ450 it has worked perfect, great strong motor, good stock suspension that can be made great if tuned right. The only thing bad I can say about it is that my gearbox has started to acting funny with now around 50 hours on it. I've never experience a gearboxproblem before on any bike that I've had.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.