Selling forks and triple clamps off a 04 YZ450F. What models and years will they fit?

3 replies to this topic
  • i ride

Posted August 17, 2011 - 06:56 PM

I have a set of forks and triple clamp that are off my 04 YZ450F that I'm looking to sell. I'm trying to find out what years are models they will fit. I tried searching, but I can't find out anything.

I'm assuming if I sell the forks with the triple clamps, its 97-09 YZ/YZF? But without the triple clamps its 04-09 YZ/YZF?

• grayracer513

Posted August 17, 2011 - 08:07 PM

Without the clamps, they will only fit an '04. They may fit an '05 WR450 as well.

With the clamps, they would be a good upgrade for any steel framed YZ450 up to '03, and of course replace an '04. Even though they will bolt onto an '05, they would be a significant down grade, and they are so inferior to the '06-'07 fork that no one who knew anything would buy them. They won't fit the aluminum frame correctly in any case, and the stem is too long for an '08 or '09.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tech24

Posted August 18, 2011 - 04:01 AM

Without the clamps, they will only fit an '04. They may fit an '05 WR450 as well.

With the clamps, they would be a good upgrade for any steel framed YZ450 up to '03, and of course replace an '04. Even though they will bolt onto an '05, they would be a significant down grade, and they are so inferior to the '06-'07 fork that no one who knew anything would buy them. They won't fit the aluminum frame correctly in any case, and the stem is too long for an '08 or '09.

so they wont fit an '03 huh? Good to know I was getting ready to sell mine as well. Guess I'll have to include the clamps.

• grayracer513

Posted August 18, 2011 - 08:54 AM

As I said, they bolt on with the '04 clamps, but not without. The '03 and earlier were 46mm forks, and the '04 was the first 48's. The '05 had the first twin chamber KYB's, and the fork outers were dimensioned differently, so the clamps don't work. The '06 were the first SSS TC forks, with the fork tubes set 2mm farther apart. '07 and later has different outer tube diameters and the the '08+ has a shorter steering head.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.