YZ450F clutch basket 2010

2 replies to this topic
  • mx_boy

Posted August 17, 2011 - 01:32 PM

Hey guys, I need a clutch basket for my 10 YZF450 including the gear that goes on the back.

Does anyone know if an older basket (05 onwards) is the same and the gear. Like this one:

I have seen ads on ebay for billet baskets 05-10, being the same basket but is the gear also the same.

Would be great to hear if anyone knows or as fitted an older basket into a 2010 model.

Thanks for any help on this one as I want to get riding again but don't want to spend the big money on a new basket and gear from the dealer!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 17, 2011 - 01:43 PM

The basket/gear assembly for the 2010 now replaces all models from '05 up, and you can use any '05 and later on your '10, BUT the '05-'07 OEM stuff was different than yours, and the primary gears won't mesh exactly as they should. This will mean noisier operation and possible wear issues if you mix the parts. The '08 and later are all the same.

• mx_boy

Posted August 22, 2011 - 04:16 PM

Thanks gray, as always very knowledgeable.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  131 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.