replacing O-rings with filter change

2 replies to this topic
  • sirthumpalot

Posted June 21, 2001 - 02:52 PM

How often do you guys replace the o-rings on the oil filter cover? I just changed the filter for the first time, tightened the cover to spec and it seems that there may be a small leak. I did not replace the o-rings this time (dealer didn't have any in stock).

Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MikeOK

Posted June 21, 2001 - 03:43 PM

sir- I've had my '00 for over a year and never eplaced them. Make sure one of them didn't pop sideways when you put it back on, I always have trouble with mine slipping just off to the side after I put it back on.

• sirthumpalot

Posted June 21, 2001 - 04:59 PM

Thanks for the reply. I took it apart again tonight and took the time to really check it out and the o-rings look good. I cleaned it up really nice and put it back on, hopefully it won't leak. I only saw one drop of oil there before so it may have just been left over from the oil change, but I thought that I had cleaned it all up. I will watch it closely.

Thanks!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.