-11 YZ450F...4th gear pops out !

25 replies to this topic
  • Boostpig

Posted September 23, 2011 - 02:24 PM

Yes it does.

ohhh thats no fun..

• motojase316

Posted September 26, 2011 - 03:11 AM

My 2011 had 55 hrs on the clock when I traded it, Oil change intervals were every 5hrs.. No problems...

• rcmxracing

Posted September 27, 2011 - 10:13 AM

Hey motojase316 how do you compare your ,11 YZ450F to your new KX450F? I'm curious to try another brand, but really like my '10 YZF. It's just so light feeling, everyone that rides it says it feels like a 250F. I don't want to give that up, plus it's very stable unlike Honda and RMZ. Never owned a KX. I know the engines are unreal. A buddy has an '09 and the engine is bad ass, but the bike feels like a dump truck handling wise. Maybe the '12 is better? Mags are saying it's still got a front push...prob fix that with clamps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HRC

Posted September 27, 2011 - 09:53 PM

Hey motojase316 how do you compare your ,11 YZ450F to your new KX450F? I'm curious to try another brand, but really like my '10 YZF. It's just so light feeling, everyone that rides it says it feels like a 250F. I don't want to give that up, plus it's very stable unlike Honda and RMZ. Never owned a KX. I know the engines are unreal. A buddy has an '09 and the engine is bad ass, but the bike feels like a dump truck handling wise. Maybe the '12 is better? Mags are saying it's still got a front push...prob fix that with clamps.

I tried the 2012 KX450F last weekend and it´s very different compared to Yamaha...totaly different riding position if you ask me. The bar position felt higher and bike felt in someway shorter than the Yamaha. Motor felt stronger in the begining of the powerband on the Kawi.

But I only got 5 laps on it so I let Motojase do the talking...

• motojase316

Posted September 28, 2011 - 03:20 AM

Yeah RC, everything HRC said is right on the money... The riding position suits me really well. I just fitted a fmf factory 4.1 RCT/ Mega bomb system and tested it last weekend.
It makes the power super strong and removes the corked up feel of the stocker.
Cornering is superb, the Rock Hard blue groove tracks I ride here I found the YZ needed a little bulldoging through the corners, not so on the Kawasaki.
Suspension is plush and balanced out of the box, very stable at speed on rough High speed chop.
Dont get me wrong, I loved my 2010 and 2011 yamahas, But I have to say I am more impressed with the Kawasaki, It has given me back a lot of confidence, It seems real easy to ride in all situations.

It may not be the bike for everyone, But it Is the right fit for me right now.

• rcmxracing

Posted September 28, 2011 - 12:49 PM

Thanks motojase316, I'll be watching the KX450F forum :smashpc:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.