Power Bomb Header

2 replies to this topic
  • Roostn67

Posted June 21, 2001 - 12:20 PM

I currently have an FMF Powercore IV^2 SA and use the stock header pipe. We all know that on the 00's we have to move the header each time we change the filter. Does anyone else use the Power Bomb header?

If so,
1. What did it do to your power curves? I don't need more power I just want easier maint. If I got more power I'd like it down low.

2. How was fit and finish? My cannister is excellent quality.

3. How tough was it to jet in?

Roostn in Golden CO

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tom_Higdon

Posted June 22, 2001 - 04:57 AM

I used the power bomb along with the IV muffler (I had crushed it or I would not have replaced any of the components at all!) It helped the response right off idle thru the mid range on mu o1 with no jetting changes and filter servicing is a snap!

• G-Man

Posted June 22, 2001 - 07:46 AM

"It helped the response right off idle thru the mid range on mu o1 with no jetting changes and filter servicing is a snap!"

Yep I tried my bud's 01 426 back to back with mine and it helped. He had only the Powerbomb.

G-Man

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.