cleaning up swing arm

4 replies to this topic
  • The Hopper Show

Posted August 15, 2011 - 11:48 PM

my swing arm has a couple small scratches/rock rash from laying the bike over. what can i do to get these scratches out and get back to the factory new look. i dont want to polish. i like the brushed look.

• YamaLink

Posted August 16, 2011 - 06:38 AM

It'll be difficult retaining the brushed factory look. The swingarm has pretty deep gouges? You may be able to knock down the ridges but there will be slight color differences between the fresh/exposed metal and the flat brushed swingarm.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JDLowrance

Posted August 17, 2011 - 09:41 PM

knock down sharp edges and apply liberal amounts of elbow grease and Scotch Brite pads...medium grit. Bought to do mine.

• woods-rider

Posted August 19, 2011 - 10:24 AM

knock down sharp edges and apply liberal amounts of elbow grease and Scotch Brite pads...medium grit. Bought to do mine.

This will work. Won't look exactly the same as stock, but if you do the whole swingarm you won't be able to tell.

• MaxPower

Posted August 20, 2011 - 07:57 PM

powder coat it silver
I dont understand how some guys can ride hard and still have a fresh looking bike. I seem to have uncleanable mud stains and crappy finishes on bolts in no time
I know its a dirt bike, But like most I enjoy my bike looking fresh for all the time and money that goes into it

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.