Baja Designs Key Switch Wiring

5 replies to this topic
  • dag19

Posted August 15, 2011 - 06:29 PM

Howdy! Is it possible to install the ignition key switch from BD on an '07 WR450 that does NOT have the rest of the BD dual sport kit? Basically install it into the factory wiring. Are there any wiring diagrams for this? Any good insight would be much appreciated at this point in my life! Thanks guys :eek:

• carlt828

Posted August 15, 2011 - 06:31 PM

That should be really easy. You're basically tapping into the 12v supply going to the stock push button switch.

• MANIAC998

Posted August 16, 2011 - 04:01 AM

Yup, I've done it myself on my '06. Do a search, you'll find it. Maniac

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SoCA_DRZ

Posted August 16, 2011 - 07:44 AM

To replace the stock push button, you will need an ignition switch that is normally "open" in the off position and "closed" in the on position. Just verify with BD that there's is this way. PM me your e-mail address and I can send you a wiring diagram and switch install diagram. It won't let me attach an excel file here.

• byggd

Posted August 16, 2011 - 12:21 PM

BD also sells one that is normally closed. You just tap it into you kill switch. With the key off it will crank but won't start.

• dag19

Posted August 16, 2011 - 07:19 PM

Ok great, all of that sounds fairly straight forward. I mean come on...there are only two wires for it to open and close a circuit. Can't be THAT hard. :eek: It can for me...wiring gets me every time. I will try to search more for it but it search feature doesn't seem to intuitive. I am a rookie though so may be doin in wrong. Thanks for the help and info, let me know what else you got!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.