If you want a brighter light on your pig

3 replies to this topic
  • Carlisle1972

Posted September 09, 2003 - 12:53 PM

Baja Designs offers a kit for about 50.00 that is awesome it comes with a new H4 buld and a whole light housing with a glass lens the stock is plastic If I had to guess it is probally about 4 or 5 times brighter, during the day in sunlight you can see the beam on a garage wall for sure whereas before nothing. Baja Designs was grat fast service as well as follow up e mails. Probally not enough for fast speeds in BAJA but enough for cool night rides in Moab

• Moredesert

Posted September 09, 2003 - 03:58 PM

Baja Designs has the good stuff. I have the same OEM replacement lens but with a 85w PIAA in mine. I rewound my stator so I can run a higher watt bulb. You most likely have a 55watt in yours. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HairyScary

Posted September 09, 2003 - 11:30 PM

The lighting upgrade kit that uses the stock plastic is a Honda part number (posted several times in the past) and is a vast improvement over stock. The Baja Designs headlight assembly (new plastic, glass lens) that takes H4 bulbs is the ticket for dual sport since it gives you high/low capability that you don't get with the glass Honda lens. A 100W bulb in the Baja Designs lens is real nice. Night rides at a decent speed are no problem. Even with a 55W bulb it is still pretty darn good. The stock 35W plastic lens is inexcusable. Because the 650 is so raked out, you have to futz around a bit with the Baja Designs Headlight assembly to get it aimed low enough. This isn't a problem on the XR400 (but on it , it rubs the oil line unless you trim the plastic lens part where teh rubber boot goes over)

• loufish

Posted September 10, 2003 - 03:16 PM

I also recomend the replacement lens/bulb, I replaced mine when I bought the bike, before I ever rode it...so I have no idea how dim the stocker is.

Related Content

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  40 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.