Electric lights (turn signal, brake)

1 reply to this topic
  • mountain-powder-slut

Posted August 14, 2011 - 11:35 AM

When I bought my WR 426 it was street legal because of the lights. However, my taillight, brake light, and turn signals have stopped working.

It has a big pack of nickel cadium batteries inside....could that be the problem? Maybe they are shot? ...but I would think if the bike charges those batteries, that the lights would work while running?

I just used an ohmmeter....it should obviously be 12 volts. The battery is reading 3 volts. The wires coming from the bike to the battery reads between .4 and 1.1 volts.

Any ideas? Thanks

Edited by mountain-powder-slut, August 14, 2011 - 05:55 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mountain-powder-slut

Posted August 14, 2011 - 08:10 PM

Ok I am a dumbass with electrical stuff...the bike doesn't charge the battery. Ya have to take it out to charge it. Guess I need to buy a charger and a new battery if it is no good.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.