charge rate

2 replies to this topic
  • wr45

Posted August 13, 2011 - 07:08 PM

Anyone know how much Voltage should be going to the battery when its running? Mine only throws out 8-9 volts. Its gotten tough to start, but seems fine after she's warm. Stator? Any help would be appreciated. Should I just replace with an aftermarket ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted August 14, 2011 - 05:16 AM

It should be 13 - 14.5 volts running mid rpm. Check the stator with a meter and if that's good then most likely the regulator is toast.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted August 14, 2011 - 09:03 PM

Anyone know how much Voltage should be going to the battery when its running? Mine only throws out 8-9 volts. Its gotten tough to start, but seems fine after she's warm. Stator? Any help would be appreciated. Should I just replace with an aftermarket ?

Doyou have a service manual? It will tell you how to verify the stator.

The other problem you have may be related to a low battery condition. Do you have to kick start it?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.