Help! Wrist pin to Connecting rod clearance

2 replies to this topic
  • XR300R

Posted September 09, 2003 - 08:18 AM

Hi All, Hope everyone is doing well out there.
I need some help/input with what the clearance should be for the wrist pin to conn. rod on a 00 XR650R. I am doing the top end (all new parts) and when inserting the new wrist pin into the rod...it just seems to have a lot of play. I can "wiggle" it a bit. If I hold the pin between my thumb and forfinger on both sides and the rod with the other and make sure to only pull/push straight up and down I get no "noticable" play. But it wiggles quite a bit when you push/pull unevenly. The inside of the rod looks pretty good...there is a "small" mark on it, you can feel it with your finger, but it is not bad at all. I mean it is just that...a very small mark near the bottom oil hole. The rest (3/4) is perfect.

When I put the wrist pin and piston on the rod I can Maybe feel a "C hair" of play up and down...but it is very slight...so slight it could be my mind playing tricks on me. Any input would be great from people with experience with these bikes. I REALLY do not have the time to do a rod on this bike. The engine has limited miles on it. I am doing the top end in preparation for BAJA 03...and I need to get her back together asap. Is there a service limit to the inner D. on the rod or a sure fire way to measure? Thanks in advance! -John

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR300R

Posted September 12, 2003 - 11:14 AM

I ordered a Carrillo Rod from Barnums...don't want to risk it. Denise and Rob seem like really nice people and have been super helpful so far.

• qadsan

Posted September 12, 2003 - 08:10 PM

Denise & Rob have always been helpful to myself and my friends. Good luck in Baja 03!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.