05 WR450 Stalls

4 replies to this topic
  • cherrypicker7

Posted August 12, 2011 - 11:57 AM

I'm not talking about a bog here. It doesn't happen frequently, but on occasion, as far as I can tell when pulling away from a stop and not giving it much throttle it will just die. It restarts immediately w/o choke or cranking the throttle, but I dont' know when to expect it, but only that it is going to reoccur. I intalled a Dyna Ring auto clutch and that seems to help, but am still experiencing this infrequent and unpredictable stalling. I have a JD kit installed with recommended jetting for elevation and have done the mod's including the Oring mod, which I am going to check immediately after signing off. Any thoughts?? Thanks Ron

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 12, 2011 - 07:14 PM

I'm not talking about a bog here. It doesn't happen frequently, but on occasion, as far as I can tell when pulling away from a stop and not giving it much throttle it will just die. It restarts immediately w/o choke or cranking the throttle, but I dont' know when to expect it, but only that it is going to reoccur. I intalled a Dyna Ring auto clutch and that seems to help, but am still experiencing this infrequent and unpredictable stalling. I have a JD kit installed with recommended jetting for elevation and have done the mod's including the Oring mod, which I am going to check immediately after signing off. Any thoughts?? Thanks Ron

- fuel screw not adjusted
- fuel screw o ring torn or missing
- TPS (un plug it)
- partially clogged pilot jet
- partially clogged air jet

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cherrypicker7

Posted August 21, 2011 - 05:15 AM

- fuel screw not adjusted
- fuel screw o ring torn or missing
- TPS (un plug it)
- partially clogged pilot jet
- partially clogged air jet

Decided to give the easier things a try, disconnected the TPS felt no difference, but didn't think the bike revved out quite as far. Got back to the garage, and made some changes to the fuel screw setting. Kept richening it until I could quickly twist the throttle w/o it dying, that's where the issue seemed to be. Appears that it was an improperly set fuel screw, thanks for your suggestions.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 21, 2011 - 08:46 PM

Decided to give the easier things a try, disconnected the TPS felt no difference, but didn't think the bike revved out quite as far. Got back to the garage, and made some changes to the fuel screw setting. Kept richening it until I could quickly twist the throttle w/o it dying, that's where the issue seemed to be. Appears that it was an improperly set fuel screw, thanks for your suggestions.

Only if it still idles will that be the answer.

• cherrypicker7

Posted August 22, 2011 - 03:22 AM

It idles, or did yesterday. Thanks again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.