99 wr400 kickstart making clicking sound

3 replies to this topic
  • brileyb

Posted August 09, 2011 - 10:25 AM

i searched and didnt find anything close to my problem.

i replaced my impeller shaft and seals today and after i got everything back together and was about to fire it up until when i was kicking it the kickstart started clicking. i didnt start it cause i was worried that something big was wrong. tomorrow im guna take it back apart i guess and look at the spring thats on the kickstart shaft. anything else that it might be? it was running fine before. any help would be greatly apreciated. thanks

Edited by brileyb, August 09, 2011 - 07:51 PM.
different problem

• nnamssorxela

Posted August 10, 2011 - 06:43 AM

This may sound silly, but mine either got tweaked or rotated somehow and when I kick it, it clicks when it hits the foot peg.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brileyb

Posted August 10, 2011 - 08:01 AM

mine clicks all the way through the kick and it makes it harder to kick. if I pull the decompression lever in, I can almost set my boot on the kickstart. The noise is kinda like if you hold the kick down when the bikes running but it's alot louder

• brileyb

Posted August 10, 2011 - 05:37 PM

i took the cover back off and there seems to be wear on the back of the clutch basket. i dont know if it was there before but it does look like thats where the sound is coming from but i couldent find anything that could of been rubbing on it. also the kick starter gear and shaft seemed to have some free play in it so could that be the problem? if nobody says anything that it might be then im taking it to a shop cause i dont have a clue whats wrong.

Edited by brileyb, August 10, 2011 - 05:37 PM.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.