2006 WR450 Derestricting

1 reply to this topic
  • Mr-Brightside

Posted August 08, 2011 - 03:45 PM

Hello Fellow Thumpertalkers! :eek:

I just wanted to ask a question. I have bought a 2006 WR450 from someone. The bike only has 300 miles on and still looks brand new. It has supermoto wheels on also. I was riding home when it felt a bit hessitant when I was sitting ar around 40MPH, It felt like it was holding back a little.

I checked the exhuast and it still had the "peashooter" restrictor in it. I have checked a bag of parts he has given me and theres a needle with one clip grove on it and a pilot jet.

Could the peashooter be causing this?? any ideas?? I havn't ridden it since i took the peashooter out

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted August 08, 2011 - 07:14 PM

Hello Fellow Thumpertalkers! :eek:

I just wanted to ask a question. I have bought a 2006 WR450 from someone. The bike only has 300 miles on and still looks brand new. It has supermoto wheels on also. I was riding home when it felt a bit hessitant when I was sitting ar around 40MPH, It felt like it was holding back a little.

I checked the exhuast and it still had the "peashooter" restrictor in it. I have checked a bag of parts he has given me and theres a needle with one clip grove on it and a pilot jet.

Could the peashooter be causing this?? any ideas?? I havn't ridden it since i took the peashooter out

Sounds like he already replaced the needle and the pilot jet. That is a good start.

Read the stickies at the top of the forum for full details on what to change.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.