Cant find a Clymer Manual for a 2004 YZ450F

7 replies to this topic
  • sneek24

Posted August 05, 2011 - 07:51 AM

Got myself a new bike yesterday. Got rid of the ol 2smoker (96 CR250) and picked up a mint condition thumper, 2004 YZ450F, Yoshi exhaust, Weisco high compression piston, and a bunch of other stuff done to it. Purrs like a kitten, a very very angry 224 pound kitten.
I cant seem to locate a Clymer for it though. Anyone else have this issue or know where I can get one?

Pic of the new toy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Deadend

Posted August 05, 2011 - 07:55 AM

nice bike!

Beware Clymers. My yz400f one has the jet sizes WAY off and there were a few other strange errors / oversights. I'm ebaying it for a Yam Service manual.

ymmv

• tribalbc

Posted August 05, 2011 - 07:58 AM

Yamaha service manuals are top notch and you can download them for free. Just go to the YZ450 forums sticky's for the link.

• sneek24

Posted August 05, 2011 - 07:59 AM

Hmmmmm good to know. Im not that technically incluned though. I just do basic service to my bike and let the shop's do the difficult stuff.

Also is there a dipstick to check oil levels on this bike? or a bolt I remove? The oil cap dont have a dipstick and i looked for a dipstick and didnt see one. I know it takes 1qt when you do an oil change but how do i check the oil level before i go riding?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted August 05, 2011 - 08:20 AM

http://www.yamaha-mo...uals/index.aspx

• grayracer513

Posted August 05, 2011 - 08:47 AM

Hmmmmm good to know. Im not that technically incluned though. I just do basic service to my bike and let the shop's do the difficult stuff.

Also is there a dipstick to check oil levels on this bike? or a bolt I remove? The oil cap dont have a dipstick and i looked for a dipstick and didnt see one. I know it takes 1qt when you do an oil change but how do i check the oil level before i go riding?

Clymer manuals are no easier to use for the less technically proficient that I can tell, and have been known to contain a number of errors. The only thing about Yamaha manuals is the occasional difficulty they appear to have in translating Japanese to English. Besides, they're free and you know where to get one. Click the link William posted.

On the question of the dipstick, yes there is; it's on the left side of the frame in front of the gas tank. The bike takes 1.2 qts, BTW. To check the oil, you must first run the engine for about one minute to return oil to the tank, then shut off, remove and clean the dip stick, then insert it without threading it to get the reading.

Read:

http://www.thumperta...660#post8765660

And:

http://www.thumperta...903#post5221903

Then spend some time looking through the Common Threads Sticky in general.

• sneek24

Posted August 05, 2011 - 10:30 AM

Awesome! Thank you all so much. :eek:

• Deadend

Posted August 08, 2011 - 03:43 PM

yeah dude im no pro wrench either. My YZ400f Clymers was WAY off.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.