New Clutch with alot of cable slack

2 replies to this topic
  • Stinger1133

Posted August 05, 2011 - 07:20 AM

I just installed a new EBC clutch kit and springs on my bike and I also put on a new cable made by Tusk. The cable has been adjusted out all the way to where I almost have no more adjustment for when the cable stretches. I havent tried the old cable yet but this new cable seems to be too long. I had the cable installed with the original clutch and I had the same issue but not as bad.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 05, 2011 - 08:41 AM

The problem is the plates you used are not the correct thickness. They will also very likely drag quite a bit until they get burned in a bit. As the clutch wears, the plates will get thinner, and you will need to add slack to the cable, so you should be OK.

Next time, use OEM plates.

• Stinger1133

Posted August 05, 2011 - 09:10 AM

Thanks Gray. I really appreciate it. The basket is a Hinson but the hub and pressure plate is OEM. I just thought maybe my cable was too long.

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.