Anybody using "LE" 20W-50 oil?

6 replies to this topic
  • Tim_in_WA

Posted April 16, 2001 - 11:40 AM

I've been hearing really good things about "Lubrication Engineers" or (LE) motor oil. They make a 20W-50 which I'm thinking about switching to. Been using Mobil 1 car oil so far. Any feedback from LE users???

• Bill

Posted April 16, 2001 - 12:04 PM

Tim,

Check out the post on the YZ side titled "oil change????"

Bill

------------------
97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 04-16-2001).]

• Tim_in_WA

Posted April 16, 2001 - 01:16 PM

Bill,
I couldn't find that post. There are many others relating to oil, but not that specific one. I checked the others and couldn't find anything on LE oil. Am I missing it?
-Tim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BruceWA

Posted April 16, 2001 - 02:17 PM

Tim,
You mean to tell me you are supposed to change the oil in a WR more than every other year?

• Bill

Posted April 16, 2001 - 03:01 PM

I tried to provide the link, but suck at that. Also my memory appears to suck.

It's posted as "engine oil????" and is posted by zdylanh.

It has a link that will take you to a laymans article about oils. It made me change the type of oil I had been using, even though what I used is rated OK. Nothing is to good for my baby :)

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 04-16-2001).]

• Tim_in_WA

Posted April 16, 2001 - 10:09 PM

Thanks Bill.

• Jemtec

Posted April 16, 2001 - 10:29 PM

20/50 is pretty heavy. It offers great protection in extreme heat conditions, but it robs alot of HP. Alot of people go no more than 10/40. (though synthetics have a different way of rating viscosity spreads such as 15w/40) 10/30W is fine for most people.
:)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.