New AZ track on the way

6 replies to this topic
  • Beeno

Posted June 08, 2001 - 09:56 PM

A neighbor of mine in the East Valley is currently in negotiations with the local bureaucracy to lease some state trust land for the purposes of building a new MX track. The "big picture" is to build a track between Gilbert and Apache Junction to serve us beleaguered EV riders. The neighbor and his partner are some sort of real estate developer cats and have the earth moving equipment available to them, and have already hired a professional track designer. The idea is to have the track up and ready by this fall for daytime practice this winter. Lights will be installed as the place gets up and running and final layout adjustments are made with input from riders and vendors etc, so night practice will be available next summer. And, no, this guy is not some kind of fly-by-night jamoke with big dreams and a small wallet.
I hearby predict that, once this track opens, I will be the slowest guy on it.

• Sparky_So_Cal

Posted June 08, 2001 - 10:23 AM

I hope your prediction comes true. Best of luck w/ the new playground.

God Bless

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 08, 2001 - 12:13 PM

Is this the same guy who has posted a few times on He sounds like he is financially, physically, and mentally up to the task! Best of luck to him and his crew, my whole east valley neighborhood will be there if he does a good job on the project!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Snakeman

Posted June 08, 2001 - 09:02 PM

I ride out at the Gold Canyon state land all the time. Do you have any contact information? I have a shovel and a strong back, and would be willing to throw in a hand where necessary to get the job done. Drop me a line....

• G-Man

Posted June 09, 2001 - 12:59 PM

This would be GREAT, we have been waiting so LONG for an East Valley track!

Let me know if you need any help!

• Maicoman

Posted June 11, 2001 - 07:05 AM

I sure hope your right on this !!! There have been rumors floating for as long as most can remember. Keep us posted

• Beeno

Posted June 11, 2001 - 07:39 PM

Wow. Excellent responses. I couldn't tell you if it's the same guy who posted previously on, but I can tell ya'll he's a pretty switched-on dude. I'll keep everyone posted and try to find out if and when the time comes for voluntary manual labor and/or beer runners.

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.