Moose Radiator Guards on 2010-11 YZ450

4 replies to this topic
  • jspike21

Posted August 02, 2011 - 12:53 PM

Anyone running Moose Radiator Guards on their 2010-11 YZ450? Would love some input and/or pics if you can post them.

I've owned my 2011 for 3 months and already been through a set of WC braces and now have my radiator off to Myler's for repair. GYTR braces look to be the the same build as WC which were basically worthless. I guess it would help to stay off the ground but we all know how that goes.....

I want to start over with something different. I'm hearing good things about Moose guards, but also hear they don't fit properly and make the schrouds stick out another 1/2 inch or so. Is this true? The shrouds are already wide on this bike and not too excited about making them wider. I guess I could live with 1/2 inch for good protection but nothing more.

Most of my riding is moto so not really interested in the full-cage protection. Any advice is appreciated!

• TripleUp

Posted August 02, 2011 - 02:21 PM

I just put them on my 2011 but havn't dropped my bike that many times so I don't have much review to give... They certainly will protect your radiators better than most other options, I personally looked at all the options for radiator guards and the only ones that looked useful were the Moose racing guards, all other guards look like they won't protect anything... As for making the shroud's being bigger I would have to say I couldn't really noticed a difference. They seemed just as big as they always have.... And that's all I can really tell you. Hope that helps in some way. heh.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ChillyKTM

Posted August 03, 2011 - 02:40 AM

GYTR and WC braces are absolute crap so go withe moose for sure !! Whats the turn around time at Mylers ? is it realy only a day and then theyre back in the mail ?

• grayracer513

Posted August 03, 2011 - 06:53 AM

Whats the turn around time at Mylers ? is it realy only a day and then theyre back in the mail ?

In the only experience I've had with them, I sent the radiator out on a Monday, they received it, fixed it, and shipped it on Wednesday, and I had it back Friday morning, standard FedEx shipping.

• jspike21

Posted August 03, 2011 - 07:14 AM

Thanks TripleUp. Thats what I was hoping for! Any issues with installation? My rads are already off so I don't anticipate any problems, just curious.

Yzmonkey, Not sure on turn around because I just shipped them off yesterday. I'll defer to grayracer on that one.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.