Should i sell my YZ426??

3 replies to this topic
  • reed_YZ426

Posted June 08, 2001 - 08:33 AM

hey everyone i need some opinions. i havent been riding my yz426 much on the track i was mainly doing trails because i couldnt get out to my local track. but when i got out there i didnt do so hot on it. so should i give it some time? or should i change to a 2stroke? im going to want to race sooner or later and try that out. so tell me what you all think. do you think if i give it some time and get use to the bike ill be able to race it no problem? thanks everyone!

• dirtdad

Posted June 08, 2001 - 08:42 AM

Of course this is just my opinion, but stick with it. Once you get used to the four stroke, you'll be a better rider on it than you would on a two stroke. Much smoother power delivery, more forgiving, etc....Intimidation factor (on all the other riders) is a plus too! :)

00 YZ426F
01 TT-R125L (my son's)
91 CR125
83 YZ490
74 Hodaka Super Combat(gone but not forgotten!)

[This message has been edited by dirtdad (edited 06-08-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motojunkie

Posted June 08, 2001 - 03:16 PM

Sell it, and get a KTM 520SX. :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 08, 2001 - 03:26 PM

I couldn't stand mine on the track until i practiced practiced practiced.
I love the part where you scream into the corner on the rearend of a 2smoke they try to hold the outside line to carry enuf speed to clear the 60' table and i just slip to the inside and look them rite in the eyes as they are doing 3rd gear around the outside. Just leave it in 2nd and roll around the inside line and just as he looks as if he is going to FLY by me..........Nail it.
Hookin up and Hangin' on sailing side by side in the air and FREAKIN him out cuz he had no clue that ANY bike especially a MEASLY 4STROKER could Scream up to his front wheel. Then just keep it open and he'll be wonderin what the heck just happened when he gets a Yard and a half of finely groomed soil in his chin!

That's not thunder ridin' your BUTT .........
It's a whole Damn HURRICANE!!!!!!

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.