Pros/cons Scotts fender kit

Getting a scotts stabilizer, found one that comes with a fender kit that'll fit my bike for real cheap. I've gotten some feedback about the fender mounts not being preferred, is it just because it cannot be reached while riding? One would have to dismount the bike to adjust. Price is a bit of a concern, i don't want to buy it then end up having to buy a different mount. I'm a BEGINNER and don't think i should be putting lots of money into something that i'm not going to use as a pro would. Just let me know what you think I'm aiming to pay around 200 for the whole package.

One would have to dismount the bike to adjust.

No such thing; you just have to reach a bit farther over so that it requires you to stop or slow down some:

583lg.jpg

It's not as if you have to adjust it very often, anyway. I set mine and forget about it for the most part. Spend the $200. It's a good deal even if it has the wrong mount altogether. The fact that you're newbie actually means you'll get more benefit from it than a pro would.

Well, i ended up paying 250 for the stabilizer, fender kit, and the guy's sending me the required drill and tap also. So i'm assuming there's going to be a little bit of work involved installing it. Does anyone have any instructions on how to do this? I can't seem to find any and since this is a used kit, it's not coming with any.

• TT Sponsor
Well, i ended up paying 250 for the stabilizer, fender kit, and the guy's sending me the required drill and tap also. So i'm assuming there's going to be a little bit of work involved installing it. Does anyone have any instructions on how to do this? I can't seem to find any and since this is a used kit, it's not coming with any.

Let me know what year bike it is and your email address and I will get them to you asap!

Thanks-

Eric